The legality of
surrogacy in Ukraine.
Ukraine is one of those countries where surrogacy, also known as surrogacy, is regulated by law and therefore completely legal. By contrast, most European countries do not accept surrogacy as an assisted reproductive treatment.
Reproductive medicine congresses are held every year in Ukraine, attended by international specialists. In Ukraine there are more than 25 private clinics that provide infertility treatments. These clinics are located in Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa and Dnipro, thanks to which more than 14,500 babies have been conceived.
Years of experience, fertility clinics and the responsibility of surrogate mothers have all contributed to Ukraine being a center for medical tourism. Couples from all over the world flock to this country for fertility and surrogacy treatments.
Who can carry out a surrogacy procedure in Ukraine?
Filiation and adoption proceedings in the country of the intended parents
In some countries the government refuses to register through the consulate the babies born by surrogacy. Therefore, this process will have to be done later in the parents’ country.
surrogacy in Ukraine.
Among the advantages of surrogacy in Ukraine are excellent fertility clinics, such as the Victoria clinic in Kiev, with which Go4Baby collaborates, and a very explicit surrogacy legislation, but not only those:
Requirements of a
surrogate mother in Ukraine.
The surrogate mother’s good health is vital to the success of the surrogacy process, which is why we take this very seriously. Therefore, we perform the strictest medical and psychological tests on the candidates before they can be part of a surrogacy program. These are the requirements for surrogate mothers:
- The surrogate must be Ukrainian.
- She must be between 18 and 36 years old.
- She must be the mother of at least one healthy child.
- She must have a positive Rh factor. Women with a negative Rh factor will not be admitted to the program due to possible incompatibilities during pregnancy.
- If she have had a previous cesarean delivery, more than 2 years must have passed since that delivery.
- Her lifestyle must be healthy and free of bad habits.
- She must pass a psychological report confirming that she is fully prepared to participate in the program.
- Absence of chronic diseases that may hinder the evolution of pregnancy or childbirth.