Our children are growing and we also have to be up to date with new techniques of education and nutrition that are displacing the traditional or at least opening a hole as is the BLW method (Baby-led weaning).
Complementary feeding on demand is a way of introducing solid foods into the diet, allowing the baby to feed by itself, without using spoons and without purées. The baby sits with the rest of the family at mealtime and joins others when ready, using his hands first to eat and then the cutlery.
- This type of feeding, allows the baby to discover flavors, textures, colors and smells.
- Encourages independence and self-confidence.
- Helps you develop and improve eye-hand coordination and chewing.
- Avoid mealtime fights and picky attitudes.
Any healthy baby can start feeding on its own around six months of age. They just need to be given the opportunity to do so.
Why supplemental feeding on demand?
- This method is based on the development of babies during their first year.